Monday, April 18, 2011

Want your garden to grow? Just leave town.

I admit that every morning I go outside to see if something new has bloomed in my small garden plot. I check how tall things are getting, how healthy the leaves look. It's hard to see the many changes when you inspect it every hour. Apparently, if you want your garden to grow, you just need to leave town for a few days. We returned last night from a 5-day trip to Tennessee and I barely recognized the overgrown veggie garden in my backyard. There are blooms and fruit. These are some happy plants. Thanks so much to the fabulous Erica Brooks for keeping everything watered.

Japanese eggplant & cherry tomatoes
Bibb lettuce & spinach
Tomatoes, summer squash, winter squash, onions & beef steak tomato
Summer squash bloom
Bell pepper & Armenian cucumber

No comments:

Post a Comment